Friday, November 29, 2013

Review: Two Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb Moisture Plumping Lip Tint! in Never Enough Nude

Hey gorgeous globs!

Today I'm going to review the Two Faced Lip Injections Moisture Plumping Lip Tint. As mentioned in my last post reviewing the Maybelline Vivid Lipsticks, unfortunately, I have not been blessed with large beautiful lips. So when I saw some youtube beauty gurus using this lip injection to plump their lips, I was SO excited! I ran out to Sephora immediately and picked one up! I loved the fact that they are cute chubby pencils which helps for controlled easy application.


I picked up the nude color Never Enough Nude as I thought it would be quite versatile. It is a pale pinky nude and I could wear it under any lipstick to get plumper lips. However, when I tried these lip injections, I was in for a surprise...a very painful one. I felt a strong tingling and burning sensation on my lips and the skin around them. I'm not sure if my reaction to this plumping was because I was specifically allergic to an ingredient in this lip tint or if its really this painful for everyone. Most reviewers mentioned a 'slight tingling sensation' and piled the product on without any adverse reaction. However, for me, the sensation was extremely painful and uncomfortable and lasted for a a good few minutes. They have a sweet fruity scent which is neither pleasant nor too overwhelming.

Another important tip regarding this product is to keep it AWAY from your lip line. Although some reviewers mentioned placing product on the lip line specifically to plump up the line, I found that this would irritate the skin around my lips and make it REALLY red. So red that it looked like I had a rash around my entire mouth. So for my next trial, I placed it mostly in the inner parts of my lips and rubbed them together to spread the product a bit closer to my lip line. There was still a very visible red line around the outside of my lips from the irritated skin there, although I did notice my lips were a bit plumper.

However, I don't think the plumping effect was good enough to compensate for the uncomfortable and painful sensation that comes along with wearing this lip product. Additionally, if I ever wore this in public, I would have to pile on concealer all around my lips to prevent the red irritated skin from showing and making me look like I have some rash going on.

I would say, try this product BEFORE you buy it and let it sit for atleast 10-15 minutes to see whether you have an adverse reaction to it or not. But if I based this review on my personal experience, I would say give this product a miss. It is just not worth the money or the pain! Have a look at the pictures below to see if the results are good enough for you (Sorry about the slight blurriness, I am still learning how to use my new camera)








No comments:

Post a Comment